2014年7月30日 星期三

2014_02_Iris Huisman

* Full Name: Iris Huisman
* University/ Institute: Netherlands Asia Honours Summer School (NAHSS)     
* Nationality: Netherlands

The day we arrived at the airport the first thing I noticed was the humid temperature and the clean environment. The next day we met our buddies, and how I would have expected they would be somewhat shy, they proved the opposite. All of the buddies are so friendly and helpful like you would not even see in China. Also, the university area is so clean, really amazing how they do this here. I also love the little eat shops on the streets. You can get almost anything if you want it fried. The usage of the public transport is quite similar to our western system, although it seems not mentioned for foreigners, as everything is in chinese and not quite readable for us. Another thing I noticed is that everyone is making selfies all the time, not even feeling a bit ashamed.

We also visited some touristic sights like the national palace museum. The strange thing is that you see almost no tourists, only chinese. I am still amazed by the organized traffic in comparison with other countries in Asia.

This weekend we went to Sun Moon Lake, which was a beautiful experience. I found it really odd that you should even bargain about the price of your hotel. Here as well, all people go cycling, which I just love. I do find it kind of strange that the youbikes are such a success but there is almost no place in the road for cyclists.

I learned here that there is a big difference between Taiwan and China, and that still the people are searching for their identity and everyone has a different opinion. I also learned about this in class which was really interesting.

Overall , I have had an amazing week, of which I loved meeting new people and exploring Taipei most. This is a city in which you feel at home quite fast.









沒有留言:

張貼留言